Oxford Constitutions of the World (OCW) is the only resource to contain fully-translated English-language versions of all the world's constitutions (both national and sub-national), accompanied by individual jurisdictional commentaries, and supplementary materials, including foundation documents, historical versions of constitutions, and amendment Acts/Laws. Subscribers also benefit from access to the Oxford Law Citator, one of the most powerful tools available for legal research, enabling onward research and ease of access to key materials.
Why Oxford Constitutions of the World?
- All constitutions are expertly translated to English, increasing productivity and ensuring accuracy
- Commentaries and supplementary materials accompanying each constitution – these explain the history and context of constitutional systems, and much more
- Filtered search results in combination with deep tagging and XML data makes it easier to find exactly the content you need
- Personalization features that allow you to quickly and easily save links to frequently used constitutions and commentary as well as commonly viewed searches
- Simple saving and sharing functionality with the ability to build a personal archive of content, searches, citations, and preferences which can be shared using a host of integrated social media tools or printed for on the go research
- Extend research capabilities using the Oxford Law Citator, a groundbreaking research navigation tool providing direct links between all constitutions, commentaries, and supplementary materials
OCW supports librarians by providing:
- Excellent customer support
- COUNTER-compliant statistics at subject and title level
- OpenURL compliance, connecting citations straight into the library’s catalogue
- RSS feeds delivering the latest news straight to your desktop
Obtaining Access to OCW
Subscriptions and 30-day free-trials are available to institutions for all of our resources.
If you are an academic, professional or student, you can recommend OCW to your Librarian.